CCAES - Page 11


 

 

OFPC Cert

 

Chiefs and Fire Report reporters
Attached is a Certificate of 100% compliance in New York State Fire reporting for the Year 2010.

Congratulations to all involved.

Brian P. Dahl
Director of Emergency Services
Cayuga County Emergency Management


*************************

Dec. 8, 2011 - Ira home destroyed by fire.

* More Story *

Timothy O'Bryan receives a "citation of courage" from the Ira Fire Department on Friday at the Cato-Meridian Middle School.

O'Bryan saved his own life as well as his grandfather's from a house fire earlier this month.

* More *

 

*************************

 


 

 

Thank You for your years of services

Thank You for your years of services

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

KING FERRY FD RESCUE 1

King Ferry Fire Department's new Heavy Rescue with a complete set of Holmotro Rescue Tools, as well as a 25kw pto generator, with a light tower and a command center. This truck was put in service Nov. 2011 and it will replace the 1988 rescue van.


 

House Fire - Montezuma Fire District

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Rt. 90

 


 

TC'S PLACE - Cato Fire District

Tuesday, July 5, 2005

Rt. 34

 


 

FIRE COMPANIES BATTLE HOUSE BLAZE IN THROOP

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2005

Firefighters responded to a house fire in Throop Sunday afternoon.

The fire, at 2131 Sine Road, was called in at 5:51 p.m. Firefighters from Throop, Port Byron, Montezuma, Sennett, Owasco and Auburn responded.

No injuries were reported, Cayuga County fire officials said. The house is owned by Charles and Madeline Smith, according to county tax records.

Article ID: 0509050095
Published on September 5, 2005, Post-Standard, The (Syracuse, NY)

Click Here for Complete Article (54 words)


Sennett Fire District

WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 14, 2005

 
 

Faulty chimney caused fire

By The Citizen - Faulty chimney caused fire

A house fire in Sennett Tuesday morning was the result of a faulty chimney, according to the state police.

“It looks like it was a faulty chimney for the wood stove,” said state trooper Thadeus Wiggins of the fire at 7535 Healy Road in Sennett, the home of Stephan McLoughlin.

SENN_001.jpg 

Photo by Ed Chick 

The fire started in the chimney and spread to the rest of the home, causing extensive damages to the house. Smoke was still billowing from the structure late Tuesday afternoon.

“It’s total loss,” Wiggins said.

Cold temperatures hampered firefighters’ ability to battle the fire at the home. Sennett Fire Chief Paul Weiman Jr. said that when hydrants began to freeze, water was shuttled to the home in tanker trucks.

“We were lucky we didn’t have a wind blowing,” Weiman said.

The Sennett Fire Department was assisted by more than 50 firefighters from Weedsport, Throop, Port Byron, Montezuma, Aurelius, Elbridge, Mottville, Skaneatleles and Fleming Station 1.

The fire was reported at 1:57 a.m. and Weiman said firefighters left the scene at about 11:30 a.m. Weiman said that although firefighters did the best they could, “there wasn’t much (of the house) left standing.”

The Cayuga County American Red Cross offered assistance, but Christopher Molloy, director of emergency services, said the family had a place to stay and didn’t require immediate help.

Click for VIDEO by Ed Chick 


Blaze ruins home in Ira

Two days before Christmas, an Ira family lost everything when fire destroyed their home late Friday morning.

More of this story


Blaze ruins home in Port Byron

PB 01_small.JPG

One day before Christmas, an Port Byron family lost everything when fire destroyed their home Saturday afternoon.

More of this story